[pmwiki-users] Form Fields Won't Obey Size Parameter

The Editor editor at fast.st
Mon Dec 4 20:07:47 CST 2006

On 12/4/06, Sivakatirswami <katir at hindu.org> wrote:
> in this ZAP data form
>
> ----------
>
> (:messages:)
> (:zapdata:)
> (:zapform:)
> ID: (:input text ID "{$ID}" size="10":)\\
> Project: (:select Project:)
> (:option "{$Project}":) {$Project}
> (:option "Land Management":) Land Management
> (:option "System Admin":) System Admin
> (:option "Ajax Initiative":) Ajax Initiatives
> (:option "Mailing Lists":) Mailing Lists
> (:selectend:)
> [SNIP]
>
> (:input hidden savedata
> "ID,Project,Todo_owner,Priority,Status,Description":)
> (:input submit value="Submit":)
> (:zapend:)
>
> Both the ID field nd the Description field are the same length: about
> what you would get with
> size="40"
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> In  Peace
>
> Sivakatirswami

This should work Sivaka.  I double checked the docs at
www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Forms.  Could it be the skin you are
using overrides the style somehow on the text input boxes?  Very
strange...

I think it is Gemini skin.  You might try switching to PmWiki just to
see if skin makes the difference...

Cheers,
Caveman