[pmwiki-users] Upgrade

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Dec 4 03:21:38 CST 2006

Sunday, December 3, 2006, 9:07:24 AM, Mark wrote:

> I have it working nicely but would like to upgrade to the latest. I have
> downloaded and unzipped the 2.2.0 PM.

> So can I replace on my host only the:
> Pmwiki.php
> Scripts directories

> Are there other essential files that is needed?

The biggest change to the  2.20 beta versions is the use of relative
page variables. This change did affect skins which include wiki pages
for their page layout. For instance the pmwiki default skin using
Site.PageActions.

I recommend for any pmwiki upgrade to upload all the files in all the
directories coming with the distribution, overwriting the files from
the previous installation.

But if you had lots of trouble last time it may not be too wise to
upgrade to a beta version, since some features may change still.
if you want to use the beta, be prepared to spend time and change
things as they arise. Otherwise stick to what you got and wait till
the current beta series is finished and emerges as a stable version
2.2.0

Hans