[pmwiki-users] Losing the www. in site URL

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Sun Dec 3 12:06:34 CST 2006

marc said...

> The root .htaccess is:
>
>   RewriteEngine on
>   RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^auxbuss.com$ [NC]
>   RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.auxbuss.com/$1 [R=301]

I'm almost there; one of the four cases doesn't work.

Leaving the root .htaccess as above, but adding two line to
pmwiki/.htaccess like this:

  RewriteEngine on
  RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^auxbuss.com$ [NC]
  RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.auxbuss.com/pmwiki/$1 [R=301]
  RewriteBase /pmwiki
  # Send requests without parameters to pmwiki.php.
  RewriteRule ^$           index.php  [L]
  # Send requests for index.php to pmwiki.php.
  RewriteRule ^index\.php$ pmwiki.php  [L]
  # Send requests to pmwiki.php, appending the query string part.
  RewriteRule ^([^/a-z].*) index.php?n=$1  [QSA,L]

The following URLs work as expected:

  http://www.auxbuss.com/pmwiki/
  http://www.auxbuss.com/pmwiki
  http://auxbuss.com/pmwiki/

But this one fails:

  http://auxbuss.com/pmwiki

with
  http://www.auxbuss.com/pmwiki//home/domains/auxbuss.com/web/pmwiki
or locally
  http://www.blah.com/pmwiki//var/www/pmwiki

I presume that this is due to the /pmwiki in http://auxbuss.com/pmwiki
being treated as a file reference in some way. However, in that case, I
would expect a RewriteRule in the root .htaccess to respond, but nothing
I tried worked.

Anyone able to help, please?

--
Best,