[pmwiki-users] htgroup again

Thomas N. Burg mail at randgaenge.net
Sun Dec 3 09:13:25 CST 2006

> > Hi,
> >
> > a brief question. I know how the create the htgroup file but how
> do I
> > tell a page/group that only a certain group has access. With users I
> > do it like "id:tom id:eve" (for 2 users) and how does in work with
> > groups?
>
> >From http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Site/AuthUser
>
>    Authorization groups are specified with a leading "@" sign.
>    Define either the login accounts belonging to a group or the
>    groups for a login account:
>
>      @writers: alice, bob
>      carol: @editors, @writers
>      @admins: alice, dave
>
>    Then use "@group" as a password in ?action=attr or
>    $DefaultPasswords.
>
> Hagan

Hi Hagan,
don't quite understand that.

Example:
I created a group called: city, that contains 25 users with their own
login and pwd
Now going to GoupAttributes?action=attr before the availbility of
htgroup I did paste all the ids in to the form which is a horrible
exercise if memberships changes.

Now what's the proper waay to do it at this place with groups?

Thanks Thomas