[pmwiki-users] Pagelists Performance

Scott scott at skhanselman.com
Fri Dec 1 14:12:31 CST 2006

Thanks for the response.

Oops, I looked at my pagelist and it's actually (:pagelist count=10
fmt=#simplename order=random:). Just wanted to display a random set of pages
for the users to see on the main page. Originally, I was thinking that the
last ten pages that were updated might be a nice pagelist, but decided on the
random instead.

So I tried $EnablePageListProtect = 0; and it has dropped the page time to 7-8
seconds.

I think I'm OK with the 7 seconds for this pagelist and may evaluate whether to
keep them.

Thanks for the comments about the sub groups.

Scott