[pmwiki-users] a la carte....

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Fri Dec 1 12:45:28 CST 2006

Nicholas Buttle wrote:
> The powers that be have decided that rollovers don't
> look good enough...so I'm trying to include some
> javascript that will allow me to have a 3 state image
> based menu using onmouseup/down/out....
>
> oh hell!!! what's the matter with bloody text?????
>
> attached is a zip file with 3 images and an html file.
>
> please have a look and if you can see any way of using
> this as my menus in the sidebar please give a hand.
>
> help me out with this one and I'll tidy it up and
> upload it as a cookbook.  Several folks have mailed me
> saying they'd like to use something similar on their
> pmwiki.
>
> Thanks to the group
>
> Nicholas

Have your bosses talk to my parents at the lake on dial-up, or anyone on
an older system. Not only does it waste your time programming, but it
may lose them customers.

(Seriously, they switched banks because it took too long to pay their
bills through the old one; they took great joy in pointing out that the
pictures of "Buy this retirement product and you'll retire to this
paradise" meant "Buy this package, retire to this paradise where they
don't have DSL, and find another bank.")

More practical,

http://www.w3schools.com/css/tryit.asp?filename=trycss_link

a:link {color: #FF0000}
a:visited {color: #00FF00}
a:hover {color: #FF00FF}
a:active {color: #0000FF}

Note: a:hover MUST come after a:link and a:visited in the CSS definition
in order to be effective.

Note: a:active MUST come after a:hover in the CSS definition in order to
be effective.

Change background and text colors, sizes, borders (maybe indent and
outdent). Make the text nothing but spaces and use an image for the
background. (Still images to download, but at least no JavaS.)

Might not be the sequence they were asking for, but it might be fancy
enough they'll go for it.

Cheers!

Sandy