[pmwiki-users] Backlist works different on different machine?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Aug 30 23:39:56 CDT 2006

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 12:27:34PM +0800, adamhj wrote:
> these days i'm writing some document in which have some hyperlinks,
> and at last i decide to use PMWiki for it, and it works wonderful. but
> now i found some problem: i added a backlink code into my groupfooter,
> something like:
>
> related links:
> (:pagelist list=normal fmt=#title order=title link={$FullName}:)
>
> it works fine when i browse it from the web host machine, but when i
> change to another machine, use its web browser to view the wiki pages
> on the host machine, the footer shows like:
>
> related links:
> [end of page]
>
> so the backlinks disappeared! i checked the page's html code and it
> seems there is really no backlinks, so it's not some css issue or
> browser's problem.
>
> so does anyone have some idea on this? i'm really troubled about it..

What version of PmWiki?

Are any of the pages protected with a read password?  (:pagelist:)
won't show those, unless $EnablePageListProtect is set to zero or
the browser is logged in with sufficient access permissions to read
the pages in the backlinks list.

Perhaps the browser has an incorrect copy of the page in its cache?
Try shift+Reload on the browser.

If those aren't the issues, let us know and we'll brainstorm
some other possibilities.