[pmwiki-users] Annoncement: DomTT

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Aug 30 11:17:53 CDT 2006

Wednesday, August 30, 2006, 2:53:32 PM, Dominique wrote:

>>>comment id=popup_text<<
> This text will be displayed in a ''popup'' window
>>><<

> And here is the [:popup_text: popup triggering text] itself.

> ===8<---
> Feel free to have a try.

Thanks Dominique!

I had trouble installing it:
a) installation in a farm needs in a field config:
      $DomTTPubDir = "$FarmPubDirUrl/domTT";
      include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/domtt.php");
(that was no trouble really)
b) nothing happened, but the html source showed that all files and
styles were in place. I looked through your script,
and disabled the window.onload function:
    // window.onload = function() {
    domTT_documentLoaded = true;
    //}
then it worked well, in Firefox and IE6.

I don't know why window.onload did not work, but since there are a
number of other scripts running, perhaps there is a conflict.
I think you can have only one window.onload.
So there is a potential problem for this script, since you never know
what else may be using window.onload.

Comment:
I can see this script working well for tooltips, but it does not
allow links in the text, even though the text looks like a link.
To use a  dotted bottom border may make it more distinguished from
genuine links.

Now I have to explore what other popup styles are out there...

Hans