[pmwiki-users] Bug: Multiple emails from wiki engine about recent changes

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Aug 28 08:50:48 CDT 2006

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 12:26:48PM +0200, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
> The days I've been getting multiple emails from the wiki engine about
> changes to pages. (Each email appears eigth times instead of once, and
> they seem to be sent with one to two minutes interval).

Weird.

> Have other people experienced this?

Yes.

> Any ideas on how to trobuleshoot this?
>
> Is there some extra log information I can make the script produce?
>
> Or something I should look at in particular?

Can you send a copy of your .notifylist file from wiki.d/ ?  I'm
thinking it must have been corrupted somehow and that's
causing the extra mail sends.

> My guess is that the code that checks if an email has already been sent
> isn't working as it should.

I tested that code pretty thoroughly, so I'm not sure what it would
be.  Perhaps there's a race condition that is messing up the file
when two people post at the same time.