[pmwiki-users] Numberin in Cookbook files

Clemens Gruber cgruber at uni-osnabrueck.de
Sun Aug 27 06:15:26 CDT 2006

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

>I prefer to use dates to indicate the version of recipes, as
>opposed to simple numbers.
>
>[...] the fact that
>dates as version numbers don't always communicate the degree of
>change from one version to the next.
>
>[...] However, it might be nice if the "Version:"
>line in the headers included a date, as in "Version: 1.0 (2006-08-25)".
>

>A recipe author can do something similar to what PmWiki does for
>its distributions, which is to have both numbered or dated copies
>(pmwiki-2.1.15.zip) and a copy which is always the latest released
>version (pmwiki-latest.zip).

Hi Patrick,

I've tried to realize your recommendations in
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/RyeVoting. And I think they are
helpfull. The date to see what happends (or not) lately and the number
to indicate major or minor changes.

One more request: Could we use a version number or at least a date to
set a version for i18n.tgz / i18n.zip. I have always to call the
directory index http://www.pmwiki.org/pub/pmwiki/ to see the date, or
estimate the version, of these files and without a number I have to set
a inofficial on local stored international language packs or i have to
diff two directories to see which is the old one. Just a suggestion. ;-)

Clemens