[pmwiki-users] Default form markup questions...

The Editor editor at fast.st
Thu Aug 24 15:51:01 CDT 2006

Wow, good stuff Pm.

I must admit I thought my format suggestions were a bit more intuitive
at first, but the more I look at it, the more convinced I am your
suggestion is better (must also admit much of your explanation was
over my head!).  Basically the advantages as I see them are (1) you
only need one markup to accomplish all purposes where my suggestion
requires two (2) you are using a more consistent semantics, all
beginning with input, and all working the same way and (3) it
functions in a way that integrates better with existing PmWiki code.

As for it being slightly less intuitive, it would be a snap to learn
and a small price to pay for the advantages above.  I don't see any
ways it wouldn't work perfectly for my needs for the FAST Data
project, in fact--the more I think about it, it's great!

I'd be happy to field test it for you if you want to draw up the markup...   :)

Cheers,
Caveman