[pmwiki-users] Page variable limitations

The Editor editor at fast.st
Thu Aug 24 15:17:59 CDT 2006

I have a long outstanding question on the mail list I really need help
with.  I've been trying to understand the limitations of Page
Variable's in terms of the content that can be assigned them.  Right
now (I thought I had this fixed but maybe not) I am setting page
variables using this line:

			$FmtPV["$$dv[0]"] = stripslashes("$dv[1]");

I've also tried:

			$FmtPV["$$dv[0]"] = "$dv[1]";

I know the page variable names and values are correct going into this
line.  The problem is if $dv[x] = "Two words", the page variable comes
to an end at the space, meaning in my page {$Whatever} returns "Two",
not "Two words".

Is this a feature or a problem?  Any input on the solution?  This is a
BIG irritation in the FAST Data project.  Thanks in advance, again...

Cheers,
Caveman