[pmwiki-users] Default form markup questions...

The Editor editor at fast.st
Thu Aug 24 04:39:47 CDT 2006

Hi list,

Is there any existing way to use page variables to set default for
textarea values?

It seems the markup could be modified as simply as:

to output

<textarea name="name"> Value </textarea>

Could the standard markup script possibly be modified for this? If
not, I was wondering why.  I might need to add this to the FAST Data
project otherwise.

Also, on the same subject, are there any alternate markups that allow
you to set the default values for radio boxes or select boxes without
having to use an endless bunch of conditionals. I envision something
like:

(:select <name> default="option2" value1|display1 value2|display2 etc :)

or likewise

(:radio <name> default="option2" value1 value2 etc :)

For these I would envision them as being alternate markups to the
existing forms markup, perhaps candidates for the FAST Data project
also.  Any thoughts, or tips appeciated.  I have less luck with
markups than recipes!

Cheers,
Caveman