[pmwiki-users] any solution to get a full customizable login prompt ?

Hans hans.bracker at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 19 16:15:25 CDT 2006

On 19/08/06, Jean-Fabrice [gmail] <jeanfabrice at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've a read protected wiki ($DefaultPasswrd['read']='id:*) using
> authuser, and I would like to know if there's a solution to get a full
> customizable authform.
> I tried to add (:noleft:)(:noright):(notitle:)(:noheader:)(:nofooter:)
> and attr read @nopass to the actual Site.AuthForm without any success
> :
> When I browse the wiki homepage (Main.Homepage), I got a login prompt
> in the main area plus a blank space instead of sidebar plus usual
> headers and footers. How can I get a full customizable login page
> (like Main.LoginPage in userauth recipe) ?

You could try and eliminate sidebar and header and footer etc.
by setting the styles for the containing divisions to {display:none}
Check the skin you use for the appropiate div names.
for instance for the Gemini skin one can add to config.php:

# stripping sidebar, title and footer when not logged in
if (!$AuthId) {
   $HTMLStylesFmt[] = "
        #sidebar, #titlebarbox, #footer {display:none}
        #sidebarbox {width:0} \n";
};

Then edit Site.AuthForm to show what should be seen as page content
when a user is not logged in and visits any read protected page.
The default is just the login prompts, boxes and buttons.
Once logged in an $AuthId is established, which results in a full
display of the page, sidebar, title, headers, footers etc.

Note that Site.AuthForm is not meant to be the login page, but only
provides the form content when loggin in. That is why you had no
success with setting the markup and nopass as you tried.

With the above it does not matter which page gets opened first, as a
user will only see the login prompt etc., but sees the whole page plus
menu etc once logged in.

~Hans