[pmwiki-users] Google Analytics

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Aug 19 09:59:37 CDT 2006

On Wed Aug 16 22:24:16 CDT Ben Wilson wrote:

> FWIW, Google's analytics is now available to all.
>
> www.google.com/analytics

Although it's quite easy to use config.php to enable Google
Analytics, I have enough sites where I'll want to use it that
I'm thinking of adding support directly into the core to simplify
it for administrators.  Anyone have any opinions for or against this?

Essentially, an administrator wanting to have the site tracked by
Google Analytics would simply place the following into config.php:

    $GoogleUAcct = 'UA-123456-1';

and the default configuration scripts would automatically add the
appropriate Analytics output in the generated HTML.

Votes in favor, against?