[pmwiki-users] sorry i english problem with the cookbook : FastSearch

worm webmaster at wormcs.dyndns.org
Thu Aug 17 11:24:53 CDT 2006

Patrick R. Michaud a écrit :
> On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 08:33:05PM -0700, Martin Fick wrote:
>> --- "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>>> Actually, I would suggest not using the FastSearch
>>> recipe, as PmWiki now has a built-in indexing
>>> system which should speed things
>>> up already (see the note at the top of the recipe).
>> Yes, I don't know if it is worth using any more.  I am
>> not that intimate with the indexing systems (I
>> understand the pagelist indexing, but I don't know how
>> the search term indexing works).
>
> Briefly:  The .pageindex file contains a list of
> all of the words and links for each page.  So, when
> a search term such as "xyz" is entered, PmWiki scans the
> .pageindex file to quickly eliminate any candidate pages
> that don't have "xyz" in them before doing any complete
> page-by-page scans that may otherwise be required (to
> check other attributes, permissions, etc.)
>
>> But, ...since you ARE asking about it, does this mean
>> that you are not satisfied with the current search
>> speeds that you are getting?
>
> It's also worth noting that setting
>
>    $EnablePageListProtect = 0;
>
> can drastically speed up searches, since then PmWiki doesn't
> have to check the read permissions of each page.  Some
> people have reported a 10x speed improvement.
>
> Pm
hi

i write in config.php the variable :

$EnablePageListProtect = 0;

if you want test it  go to the url :
http://www.wormcs.dyndns.org/wiki/master/Search/Wiki
it s a specific page for search on the wiki

you can type  word : linux , ipcop  you have this word on url :
http://www.wormcs.dyndns.org/wiki/master/Main/Info

thx all for your help

best regards

worm

ps : i use original scripts/pagelist.php version pmwiki 2.1.13 thinks again