[pmwiki-users] chmod o+w members.htpasswd - i figured this out

JB jbit at ev1.net
Thu Aug 10 15:17:23 CDT 2006

I figured this out now.

This is similar to the wiki.d directory when you are
installing pmwiki.

I delete the current "members.htpasswd" file and
the used "chmod 2777 ." on the main pmwiki directory
and also on the pwmiki/local directory.  Then I tried
to create a new login in my browser by going to the
wiki page.  The program was able to create
the file for me (previously I created it in the command
line with the htpassed command).  After that I changed
the main pmwiki directory and also on the pwmiki/local
directories abck to normal with "chmod 577 .".
Looking at ls -alF I see the owner is now listed as
"apache", so perhaps I could have done this with
the chown command, but it works now.