[pmwiki-users] Core TOC (Was: PmWiki 2.1.12 released)

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 16:36:04 CDT 2006

On Tue, 8 Aug 2006, Tegan Dowling wrote:

> http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00027

The page has this now...

That has to be one of the more popular requests!

Patrick asked for some "fleshing out of the basics", so how about some
discussion on what we'd like from a TOC. The basic assumption is probably
that functionality should be pretty basic, and the extra stuff will go
into recipes. John's TOC recipe is of course a good page now:

 	http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Cookbook/PageTableOfContents

As for me I use John's recipe in this way >90% of the time:

 	(:toc:)		- Just produce a TOC

And sometimes.

 	(:toc Table of Contents:)	- To get a new TOC title

Btw, I wouldn't be adverse to letting the syntax of the last become one of
these:

 	(:toc title="Table of Contents":)
 	(:toc heading="Table of Contents":)

cheers