[pmwiki-users] tooltip

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 07:38:53 CDT 2006

On 8/5/06, JB <jbit at ev1.net> wrote:
> http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/g/george_harrison/my_sweet_lord_crd.htm
> I would like to create a tooltip sort of like you see on this
> web page - where you move the pointer over a chord
> (like Gm) and it pops up a tooltip displaying a diagram.
> I have my own diagrams but have not had much luck
> with a tooltip.
> I would like to keep the page code to a minimum, but i think
> something like:
>    (:div class=chord chord='A' :)A(:divend:)
> Unless there is a better way.
> Help/Suggestions Please?

If you install John Rankin's
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MarkupExtensions recipe, you'll
have a new, inline {:term:term definition} markup. With this, the
portion between the opening "{:" and the second ":" will appear
on-screen with a fine, dotted underscore; when the reader's mouse
hovers over that screen-text, the portion after the second ":" pops up
like a "tool-tip".

You can see how it works all over the page
where John uses it to illustrate many of the other features added by
the MarkupExtensions recipe.