[pmwiki-users] paging

Hans hans.bracker at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 4 12:32:19 CDT 2006

On 04/08/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > On 03/08/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > >At one time there was the Cookbook.BreakPage recipe [1] -- but that was
> > >for a much earlier version of PmWiki so I don't know how well it works
> > >with 2.1.  Anyone know what happened to it?
> >
> > >1.  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/BreakPage
> >
> > It works fine with pmwiki 2.1
>
> Excellent!
>
> Would it be possible to update that page formatting
> so that it matches the other cookbook recipe pages, and
> indicates that it still works with 2.1?

I have done that. But I got a question while working on it:
breakpage.php has this markup code in it, which seems not to do anything:
    elseif ($action=='edit')
      Markup('breakpage','>include','/\\(:breakpage:\\)/',
        "\n<div class='breakpage'>&mdash; Page Break &mdash;</div>\n");

What is the purpose of it? It does not add any div when editing.

I also uploaded a modified version, breakpage2.php, which uses
(:comment breakpage:) as page break markers. I integrated this with
commentboxstyled.php, which will set these markers when
$EnablePageBreaks = 1; is set. By making it a comment these markers
will not display in case breakpage is not loaded or disabled.

~Hans