[pmwiki-users] Announcement: Marklets-0.9

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 14:40:11 CDT 2006

On 8/2/06, Kathryn Andersen <kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org> wrote:
> I'm also finding the long pagenames of Bookmarks.Bookmarks-SomeCategory
> to be a bit irritating.  At the moment I'm going in and adding (:title:)
> directives by hand, but I think I would like it better if one could
> simply have all the pages in the current (Bookmarks) group be considered
> to be categories. That would also be an advantage to me because I
> already have an existing "Links" group in one of my wikis, and it would
> be nice to be able to use this recipe there without having to rename
> all the pages.

I also had several pages of links when I authored this recipe. Last
night, I redid all the pages of my Bookmarks group, consistent with
this recipe. It took about 30 minutes, and I was able to prune out
dead links. I could have just renamed the pages (e.g.
Bookmarks.BookmarksExample to Bookmarks.Bookmarks-Example), but the
difference in style between this recipe and the old bookmarks was
sufficient for me to change. I also wanted all the bookmarks on the
new system.

I am posting a new release. I am trying to implement your preference
of non-hyphenating the page names. The default behavior remains with
the hyphen, but I will document the alternative. Give me about 30
minutes, then look for the update post.

Ben Wilson
"All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." HDT