[pmwiki-users] Attachment size

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Aug 3 10:55:29 CDT 2006

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 11:50:00AM -0400, Neil Herber wrote:
> >(That
> >
> >At the moment, no.  It really needs a good markup for doing this.
> >One approach would be to define a custom "Attach:" markup that also
> >determines and displays the filesize.
>
> I would definitely use such markup. Currently I either manually
> insert the size or I use the (:attachlist:) markup which (of course)
> shows too many files.
>
> How about:
>
> Attachdetails:
> Attachinfo:
> Attachlong:
> Attachplus:
> Attachfs:   (fs = file size)

Oh!  Here's a thought -- what if we overload the "alt-text" field
of links to allow the specification?  So:

    Attach:file.txt               -- normal
    Attach:file.txt"size"         -- display with file size
    Attach:file.txt"date"         -- display with last updated date
    Attach:file.txt"type"         -- display with type

Currently the "..." is used to provide alt-text for images, but
isn't really used for attachments, so it might make sense to re-use it
for that here.