[pmwiki-users] Attachment size

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Aug 3 10:32:20 CDT 2006

On Sun, Jul 23, 2006 at 11:00:27AM +1000, Kathryn Andersen wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 23, 2006 at 11:50:18AM +1200, Allister Jenks wrote:
> > On 7/23/06, Kathryn Andersen <kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org> wrote:
> > > Is there any way of displaying the file-size of an uploaded file? (That
> > > is, one uploaded with "Attach:").

At the moment, no.  It really needs a good markup for doing this.
One approach would be to define a custom "Attach:" markup that also
determines and displays the filesize.

> Yes, I want to display the size in the page content, next to the
> Attach: link.
>
> Maybe it could be solved by an enhanced (:attachlist:) directive -- is
> there any way of leveraging the (:pagelist:) functionality for
> attachlists?

Not really, as they're two totally different beasts.  In general,
attachments aren't the same as PmWiki pages -- i.e., they don't
have any of the "meta" information that is really needed to get
(:pagelist:) to work.