[pmwiki-users] IncludeUrl not working in IE / change object to iframe

Hans Bracker hans.bracker at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 3 02:58:44 CDT 2006

On 02/08/06, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
<christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com> wrote:

> > For this reason and becaus in the IncludeUrl cookbook was hard coded
> > type="text/html" - so you can't anyway use this markup for other things
> > like html - I habe replaced <object> with <iframe> and now it works in
> > IE too.
>
> What if IncludeUrl would let you add an argument type="html", i.e.
>
>         (:includeurl http://bla/bla type=whatever :)

I updated the script to allow optional use of type= in the markup.
Default is type="text/html".

> Btw, an idea I had for includeurl is that you should be able to write
> something like:
>
>         (:includeurl MyIntermap:somepath/file.html :)
>
> where 'MyIntermap:' is define on Site.InterMap (or whatever that page is
> called, I can't remember right now). This would give you a partial control
> over the URIs from which a page may be included.

I have to think about that. Meanwhile
Setting $EnableExternalResource = 0; will disallow the inclusion of
pages with http as prefix and still allow inclusion of pages with a
relative path url from the same server, for instance like
(:includeurl /samplesite/path/page.html :)

> Ok, going back to your original question... what is actually the
> difference between <iframe> and <object>?

<object> will be use dmore and more to replace <iframe>.
<iframe> is no longer supported in XHTL 1.1
<object> is more general and can include all kinds of data and mult
media objects.

> And if you absolutely have to use an <iframe>, what about letting that
> actually be controlled by an argument, i.e.
>
>         (:includeurl http://blab/bla html-tag=iframe :)
>
> In addition, there should probably be a variable controlling if <iframe>
> or <object> should be used by default.

I could try to incorporate this into  includeurl.php.

~Hans