[pmwiki-users] IncludeUrl not working in IE / change object to iframe

Clemens Gruber cgruber at uni-osnabrueck.de
Tue Aug 1 15:51:45 CDT 2006

Hello,

<christian.ridderstrom <at> gmail.com wrote at 2006-07-18 14:29:53 GMT
(2 weeks ago)

>On Mon, 17 Jul 2006, DrFredC.com wrote:
>
>> IncludeURL only seems to work with URLs that end in .htm or .html, which
>> is becoming fewer and fewer sites these days.   It's kind of a bummer,
>> especially considering how many sites, (including other pmwikis) can't
>> be displayed.
>
>Hans and I have resolved this problem. It was due to a missing entry in
>
> 	<object ...> ... </object>
>
>it should now work. So go ahead and try it again with a URL that doesn't
>end in .html (I know it works with .txt now for instance)
>
>chee

It doesn't work yet! Perhaps it's because of a object tag vulnerability
in IE (s.
and a security fix, cause other object types are working in IE, e.g.
http://de.selfhtml.org/html/multimedia/anzeige/object_data.htm or IE
doesn't support object-types with text/html.

For this reason and becaus in the IncludeUrl cookbook was hard coded
type="text/html" - so you can't anyway use this markup for other things
like html - I habe replaced <object> with <iframe> and now it works in
IE too.

http://pmwiki.org/pmwiki/uploads/Cookbook/includeurl_by-iframe.php

Has somebody any reasons to do this not?

Best regads
Clemens