[pmwiki-users] upload failure (was: wikiforms question)

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu Apr 27 18:30:06 CDT 2006

On Friday, 28 April 2006 2:47 AM, Curtis, Clayton <Clayton.Curtis at va.gov> wrote:
>>>Now, however, uploads don't seem to want to work on wikiform pages
>John Rankin wrote:
>> It's either an interaction between uploads and wikiforms or a problem
>with > numeric pagenames. Try the following test:
>> - comment out the include wikiform.php in config.php and request an
>upload
>
>Didn't work, so initially appeared to be an issue with numeric page
>names.
>However, I put the include back in and then tried creating Main.99999
>and Main.00001 and using action=upload ... and that worked, so I'm at a
>loss.
>There must be some interaction with other pages / footers, etc. in that
>one group, but I can't see what it is. I'll have to try establishing
>another group with wikiforms and doing the same experiments
>there.
>
>> you could try setting    $UploadsPrefixFmt =
>'/$Group/U$Name';
>
>No impact: when it failed, it didn't get as far as creating the
>directory.

Let me summarise, to see if I have the picture correct:

- you have per page uploads, with $UploadsPrefixFmt = '/$Group/$Name'

- you have a wikiform-based group with pagenames of the form ddddd

- upload works on regular pages like HomePage -- pmwiki creates
  uploads/Group/HomePage/

- upload doesn't work on Group.00001 -- it just hangs before
  creating the directory

- the same happens when you create Group.00009 manually via the
  standard pmwiki Edit form

- the same happens when you disable the wikiform recipe

- the same happens when you force a non-numeric uploads directory
  with $UploadsPrefixFmt = '/$Group/U$Name'

- it works when you create Main.00001 via a standard pmwiki Edit,
  ie a numeric page in a different group!

I am baffled, I'm afraid. Let us hope that setting up a new
forms group makes the problem go away. Note that wikiform
uses pmwiki's edit function to post its pages, so I can't think
of a reason why it would interfere with the upload action.
Since disabling wikiforms has no effect, there must be something
else going on.

--
JR