[pmwiki-users] crypt() && htpasswd problem

Marco Ferretti marco.ferretti at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 18:38:41 CDT 2006

Hi all,
I am facing a strange problem on a newly installed ubuntu machine :
if I try to use the .htpasswd with authuser, the login process cannot
recognize the user/password, while, if I explicitly set the user in
config.php, everything goes fine.

I have made a simple test :

htpasswd -cb /var/www/pmwiki/.htpasswd admin admin
& ( in /var/www/pmwiki/local/config.php )
$AuthUser['htaccess'] = 'local/.htpasswd'; # location of htpasswd file
include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");

then tried a login typing admin/admin and I got a username/password error

(Also tryied full path to .htpasswd)
Replaced :
$AuthUser['htaccess'] = 'local/.htpasswd'; # location of htpasswd file
with :
$AuthUser['admin'] = crypt('admin');

same test works .

I am using apache 1.3 installed via apt  ( 1.3.33-8ubuntu1 ) & mod php4
( 4.4.0-3ubuntu2)

anyone experiencing the same probs ??
TIA
Marco

--
I reverently believe that the maker who made us all  makes everything in New
England, but the weather.  I don't know who makes that, but I think it must be