[pmwiki-users] VerySimpleToDo - $ScriptUrl weird problem

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Wed Apr 26 10:39:16 CDT 2006

> 1. copy and paste the two optical identical strings to
> http://www.nameisp.com/puny.asp and press convert
>
> eva24-7.it
> eva24−7.it
>
> The first one has a normal "minus" the second one has a special
> character that looks like a minus. That is related to IDN; see:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internationalized_domain_names
>
> Because of this special minus the domain is translated to
> xn--eva247-7d3c.it (n not m at second position btw, but that is the only
> explanation i can give).

The recipe reads the $ScriptUrl variable as defined in the config.php file.
So why does the whole site works, properly resolving the "minus" un
the url, and the recipe fails?
I followed you path (quite interesting!) and converted the domain.
I then copied and pasted the "right" domain (the one with "minus",
which converts properly, without that scaring xn--) into the script,
instead of the variable.
This way, I said to me, the game is over, and I win.

No! The game is over but I lost: the very same error come out!

What's wrong? I probably missed the point.

Luigi