[pmwiki-users] wikiforms question

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Tue Apr 25 20:44:02 CDT 2006

On Sunday, 23 April 2006 11:12 AM, Curtis, Clayton <Clayton.Curtis at va.gov> wrote:
>(trying to take to heart the recent message on posting
>etiquette...)
>
>John Rankin wrote:
>> Does the GroupFooter code show up on none of the pages in the
>> group or is it only on pages that are form based? For example,
>> do you see the form link on the group's HomePage? I would
>> expect to see at least this bit displayed:
>> [[{$FullName}?action=upload | Click here]] to upload file to
>attach to
>
>> this page.
>No, I don't see anything at all.
>
>> The edit form links use the GroupFooter, so I'm surprised you
>> don't see it.
>Uh-oh.  The group is "Contributions", and I put the following in
>Contributions.GroupFooter:
>
>[[{$FullName}?action=upload | Click here]] to upload file to attach to
>this page.
>
>(:if attachments:)
>(:attachlist:)
>(:if:)

It sounds as if group footers might be disabled on your site.
Does a GroupFooter show up correctly in a different group?

There are several things you might try:

If you have $EnableDiag = 1; set in local/config.php, add
?action=diag to an address in your browser's address bar,
then do "Edit > Find" for the string "GroupHeaderFmt".
You should see something like this:

    [GroupHeaderFmt] => (:include {$Group}.GroupHeader self=0:)(:nl:)
    [GroupFooterFmt] => (:nl:)(:include {$Group}.GroupFooter self=0:)

If you see instead

    [GroupHeaderFmt] =>
    [GroupFooterFmt] =>

then page headers and footers have been disabled.

Look for "[groupfooter]" as well. This should read:

[groupfooter] => Array
        (
            [cmd] => >nogroupfooter
            [seq] => B>=>>>
            [pat] => /\(:groupfooter:\)/ei
            [rep] => PRR(FmtPageName($GLOBALS['GroupFooterFmt'],$pagename))
        )

If instead
    [rep] =>
then the markup rule has been changed.

Ways group footers can be disabled include:

- GroupHeader includes (:nogroupfooter:)

- local/config.php contains $GroupFooterFmt = '';

- if it's a wiki farm, local/farmconfig.php sets $GroupFooterFmt = '';

- a template includes a directive that specifies (:nogroupfooter:)

- the Markup rule that evaluates '(:groupfooter:)' has been changed

- GroupFooter has a different read password (not sure about this one)

If all else fails, start with a clean install of PmWiki, using the
default PmWiki skin and no local customisations, then create a
Main.GroupFooter page and make sure you can see it on Main.Homepage.
Then add any customisations one by one until the footer disappears.

I hope this helps. Not being able to see the wiki makes it hard
to work out what might be going on.
--
JR