[pmwiki-users] session for .htpasswd authorization

Dominique Faure dominique.faure at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 16:31:21 CDT 2006

On 4/25/06, Jihwang Yeo <dbhacker at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am a newbie to PmWiki. I set up my wiki so that it
> can authorize users with external .htpasswd file.
> It is working well, but I would like to keep this authorization
> session even when a user leaves the wiki (but still stays
> in the same web site).
>
> For example, a user logs in at a page at www.mywebsite.com/login
> then moves to a wiki page at www.mywebsite.com/wiki .
> If we use the same .htpasswd file for both pages, I would like to
> avoid users redundantly logging in for wiki.
> Is it possible with the current PmWiki code? Or otherwise
> any good idea?

Perhaps you should try to add the following lines to your
local/config.php file to enable http authentication:

$EnableHTTPBasicAuth = 1;
$AuthRealmFmt = "The_specific_AuthName_you_used_previously";
$EnableRemoteUserAuth = 1;
include_once("$FarmD/scripts/httpauth.php");

Regards,
Dom

--
The difference between theory and practice in theory is much less
than the difference between theory and practice in practice.