[pmwiki-users] cursor bug with firefox

Allister Jenks arj at zkarj.co.nz
Fri Apr 21 16:54:15 CDT 2006

I can't say I've understood all the detail being discussed but I can inform
you of two things:

1) Mac OS X version of Firefox has a bug where the cursor is sometimes not
positionable AT ALL.  That is to say, clicking in a text field does not give
it the focus.  It is an intermittent (though fairly frequent) bug and is
listed in the Firefox bug tracking system (with an indication nobody is
working on it).  It can usually be alleviated by minimizing the Firefox
window and restoring, but not always.

2) On XP Firefox I occasionally find that the cursor disappears when using
GMail (as I am now) however the text entry works as normal.  Sometimes this
manifests itself as the cursor disappearing when you enter a space character
but suddenly reappearing when the next visible character appears.

So, in a nutshell, if you have cursor problems that occur with Firefox only
- BLAME THE BROWSER.  It's obviously got significant issues in this area.

--
Allister