[pmwiki-users] Core Spam Blcok Thoughts

Chris Lott chris.lott at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 16:16:22 CDT 2006

On 4/20/06, Neil Herber <nospam at eton.ca> wrote:
> At 2006-04-20  12:33 PM -0800, Chris Lott is rumored to have said:
> >in that I have:
> >/home/wikibarn/wikilib.d/Site.Blocklist
>
> Aha! You are "cheating" by putting the Site.Blocklist page in
> wikilib.d/ of your home wiki - that is where default pages for the
> farm go. As soon as anyone edits Site.Blocklist in *any* of the wikis
> in your farm, that will create a local copy in wiki.d/ which will be
> detached from the one in wikilib.d/ in the home wiki of your farm.

OK, that part I misunderstood... what I hoped was that they would
"cascade" in effect and that if there were an "unblock" term then a
local field could have a Site.Blocklist and allow specific terms. That
would be ideal :)

> The most disastrous thing would be editing Site.Blocklist on the home
> wiki. That will create a local copy in the home wiki's wiki.d/
> directory and *none* of the other wikis in the farm will see any
> future farm-wide updates.

OUCH. That's no good. what I *actually* setup is: the home wiki's
site.blocklist is a symlink to the "real" blocklist in my admin/help
wiki, so editing the site.blocklist in the home wiki can never happen
(it's not even accessible through the server)... instead one edits the
blocklist for the help wiki. But that still doesn't help with the real
problem, which is that as soon as a field has a Site.Blocklist of
their own they lose all connection with the one in the home wiki...