[pmwiki-users] Core Spam Blcok Thoughts

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Thu Apr 20 15:10:06 CDT 2006

At 2006-04-20  11:39 AM -0800, Chris Lott is rumored to have said:
>1) The problem is that, without an "unblock" procedure I end up having
>to maintain far too many blocklists. If I have 100 fields in my farm
>and I want all but one to block most medical terms, that means
>maintaining a blocklist for the medical terms in 99 different fields
>since I can't put the med terms in the sitewide blocklist.
>
>Or am I misunderstanding something?

One of us (or both ;) is misunderstanding something ...

With the current Blocklist2 script, I cannot see any way to have a
farm-wide blocklist unless you are willing to share the Site group,
which is where Site.Blocklist lives. (Yes, the *script* can be
shared, but not the list.)

So having an "unblock" is a moot point, since there is no farm-wide block.

Just to be perfectly clear, I think that when you say:
"fields" you mean wikis
"sitewide" you mean farm-wide

If only 1 out of 100 wikis in your farm needs special handling, I
would be inclined to make it a new standalone wiki, not part of the farm.

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/