[pmwiki-users] Accented characters in links anche page title

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Apr 18 08:07:15 CDT 2006

On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 12:07:07AM -0700, Provolik OneKick wrote:
> In PMwiki.php I found MakePageName. If I replace
>
>   SDV($PageNameChars,'-[:alnum:]');
>
> with
>
>   SDV($PageNameChars,'-[[:alnum:]]');
>
> The link appears with the accented letters but I have
> a redirection server error when I click.

This will undoubtedly introduce a pattern error, since $PageNameChars
is included inside of brackets in a pattern.

PmWiki should be able to handle the accented 'a' just fine --
see http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/Accented .  If it's not
working on your server, that would seem to imply that the
servers language libraries or locales aren't correctly
configured.

You might try adding the following to your config.php (near the
top):

    setlocale(LC_ALL, 'it_IT');

That may tell your system the correct locale to use for
pagenames and comparisons.