[pmwiki-users] please don't use formatted email

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Mon Apr 17 09:24:04 CDT 2006

Mozilla ThunderBird also allows you to set format by To:, so my Dad gets
one format and my Hubby gets another, and to anyone else the program
asks me before sending.

Straight text is best for this group, because it's most easily read.

I prefer top posts because it's faster to scan the first 10 words to see
if the post interests me than it is to scroll down the entire post.
Think of it like a cover letter: you have 10 words to convince him to
read further.

I prefer minimal quoting, regardless of where it is in the post. Quote
just enough that I know what you're responding to and has what they need
to answer your question. Usually, that's very little.

Sandy