[pmwiki-users] Accented characters in links anche page title

Provolik OneKick provolik at yahoo.it
Sat Apr 15 08:56:21 CDT 2006

Hi,
   I have a problem width the accented characters in the link
which generates new pages. Infact if I code (My PMwiki is in italian
language):

[[abilità]]

It links a new page called 'abilit' without the 'à' character.

I try this code I found in the site:

  if (preg_match('/[\\x80-\\xbf]/',$pagename))
      $pagename=utf8_decode($pagename);

But I don't know where to put it exactly (I tried in the config.php
but I think it was not a good idea).

I see that some PMwiki in french or spanish hasn't this trouble, so I
think there is a simple solution.

Can someone help me?

Thank you,

ProvoliK