[pmwiki-users] switch language

Stephan Schildberg schildberg at scoid.de
Fri Apr 14 08:26:06 CDT 2006

> I woud like to have a Language switch link [english] [german], so the
> user could switch form german to englisch and back.  The selection sould
> be storey in a cookie. So that it remembers the users desition.
> Basicly I would like to enable/disable the XLPage('de'..... entrys in
> the config-php file.

first: install cookbook - file:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MultiLanguage

the wiki-page will look like this:

(:if userlang de:)
blahblahblah
(:if userlang en:)
blahblahblah
(:if:)

to your template xxx.tmpl goes:

<!-- LP: Multiligue -->
href='?userlang=en' title='english'>English</a>
<!-- LP: Multiligue -->

you have to adjust <div id='language'> via css

to your config.php you add the following lines:

$DefaultLanguage = 'de';

$EnableMultiLanguage = 1;
include_once("cookbook/multilanguage.php");

if ($GLOBALS['userlang']=='de') {
XLPage('de','PmWikiDe.XLPageExtra');
XLPage('de','PmWikiDe.XLPage');
}