[pmwiki-users] Newbie non-developer with a couple of questions

Seana Baruth sbaruth at live365.com
Wed Apr 12 15:03:26 CDT 2006

Hi,

I researched these questions in the FAQ and in a couple of online archives,
but I couldn't find answers, so I'm hoping someone here can help.

Thanks in advance for any assistance. Our wiki is here:
http://wiki.live365.com/pmwiki.php. It's not yet launched to the public.

We have password-protected it for the time being, allowing only certain
users to contribute. We're still in the process of filling out the bulk of
the wiki, which will replace our current help knowledge base and all the
help pages scattered across our Web site.

Here are the issues we've come across:

1) Is there any way to make the breadcrumb trails/page titles NOT remove the
spaces between words. Here's a page that is a particularly egregious example
of this:
http://wiki.live365.com/pmwiki.php?n=Listening.ListeningWithWinAmpWindowsMed
iaPlayerEtc.

For this page, my breadcrumb trail renders as: Listening /
ListeningWithWinAmpWindowsMediaPlayerEtc, and any search results that
reference this page render the page title as
ListeningWithWinAmpWindowsMediaPlayerEtc. VERY user-unfriendly, and I'd
really like to fix it. Any way to do so?

2) I would like to move certain Help pages from our Web site into the wiki.
Here's the MOST complicated page I'd like to move into the wiki. It's rife
with javascript: http://www.live365.com/help/launch-pro.html. I did research
that basically showed me how I can enable html and javascript in the body of
a wiki page, but there were multiple warnings against doing so. Ergo, I have
these questions:
- Do I have to enable HTML and javascript wiki-wide via the config file, or
can I just enable it for INDIVIDUAL pages?
- Is there any way to LOCK an individual page in the wiki so that it cannot
be edited? I know this is counter to wiki philosophy, but I would eventually
like to open our help wiki to be edited by ALL our users, and I would like
to mitigate the ability to edit pages that contain javascript to prevent the
introduction of malicious code.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks so much!

Seana Baruth
650-345-7400 x103