[pmwiki-users] Pmwiki.org website performance

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Apr 11 20:02:45 CDT 2006

On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 04:59:15PM -0700, pmwiki at 911networks.com wrote:
> > http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PerformanceComparisons
>
> Details for pmwiki.org:
>
>      * OS: Fedora Core 2, Linux 2.4.20 kernel (VPS environment)
>      * Webserver: Apache 1.3.33 w/mod_auth_passthrough,
> mod_log_bytes, mod_bwlimited, mod_ssl
>      * PHP: 4.3.11, Apache API
>      * PmWiki: 2.1.3
>      * Approximate number of pages on site: 3600
>      * RAM: 512MB
>      * Recipes used: various (depends on group/page)
>
> 1. Is this still current? Note PM 2.1.3

It's now 2.1.5, yes.

> 2. VPS and you have your own 512Mb? How many other servers on
> that box?

I have my own 512Mb (bursting to 2Gb).  I don't know how many other
VPS's are on the box -- that's not normally information that a
webhosting service provides...

> 3. What are the others doing? They could easily explain why
> sometimes it's as slow as molasses.

...and there's not really a way for me to find out what others
are doing on the box.  But based on other performance criteria
I'm pretty sure it's a disk bottleneck issue.