[pmwiki-users] Upload enhancement (for a better image handling)

Laurent Meister meister at apfelwiki.de
Tue Apr 11 15:52:37 CDT 2006

Hello everybody,

here some discussion stuff:  the upload function of pmwiki is pretty
simple and easy to handle. But in my opinion it's a bit to simple, so
for our community-project we are thinking about some upload
enhancements. The article on our wiki stands under creative common
Licence. That's the way it should be, but we can't extend this
licence on the images postet on the wiki, because some of them are
official product photos or stand under other Licences. So we want to
add those licence-information and others as well (like author,
metadata, versions, EXIF, or what ever) to the picture filling them
in into the upload form.

What should happen after filling those informations in the form and
pressing upload?
The file is uploaded into the upload-folder and a wiki-page of the
same name is created in a group (like Attachments/Image.gif) where
all the information from the beginning are stored.

To geht this info later, there must be automatically a link to this
page, so you can get all these informations by clicking on it.

Other effect of this: all uploads are in one group, so you don't have
to care in which group an attachment has been uploaded. This prevends
double uploads and makes Attaching files easier (in different groups
or via include page).

So what do you think of this? Is this a possible enhancement to do?
And worth working on it? Or would this be incompatible to the actual
upload-function.

Thx.

Laurent (kt007)

http://www.apfelwiki.de