[pmwiki-users] AuthUser help needed...

Dave Weil wikimasterdave at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 8 00:56:45 CDT 2006

Hi All,

I just started using PMWiki the other day and am working on setting up a knowledgebase for my work. I have figured most everything out so far, but authuser is really killing me. No matter what I do I can't get it to recognize the logins I create.

I added this to config.php:

include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");
$Author = $AuthId;

Then I added this to the bottom of Site.AuthUser:

dave: (:encrypt hiker:)
nick: (:encrypt drained:)

@admin: dave
@authors: dave, nick

Then I went to pmwiki.php?n=Main.GroupAttributes?action=attr:
And for Read I entered: @admin @authors
And for Edit I entered: @admin
I set attr and upload in config.php.

I figured this was all I needed to do, but when I close the browser and hit the main page (via index.php, maybe this is an issue?) I enter in dave and then hiker and it tells me it doesnt recognize me? Same with nick. So I have to use the admin password that is set in config.php.

If you have any ideas please let me know. I am at my wits end with this. It has to be something simple, but I can't figure out what it is.

Thanks a lot,
Dave

http://mail.yahoo.com