[pmwiki-users] Core Spam Blcok Thoughts

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Wed Apr 5 15:01:48 CDT 2006

At 2006-04-05  02:47 PM -0500, Wendell Brown is rumored to have said:
>Actually I meant turn on blocking by default but have it set to use
>the pmwiki specific list that is automatically downloaded not more
>than once a day (and yes, one of the possibly block list sites went
>off line and the script didn't handle it well - that has been
>corrected).  But Patrick has said that he is opposed to automatic
>updates to the block list, so this is probably a moot point.

I hadn't realized that you were suggesting that the blocklist entries
be "hosted" at pmwiki.org (that is the implication here, is it not?),
but an interesting extension of MTBlocklist might be to have it
download the PmWiki Site.Blocklist page once a day. That way your
wiki would be at least as well protected as pmwiki.org.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668