[pmwiki-users] Help! Performance problem after server move

Robin Hills robin at bitbybitsystems.ca
Mon Apr 3 15:27:34 CDT 2006

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> What version of PmWiki are you running?

We're running 2.0.13. When you went into beta I decided to sit that
cycle out. I should add that it's an extremely busy site. We've been
averaging as high as 11,000 unique visitors a day though it had dropped
off a bit recently and no doubt has dropped off more in the last week
because we've been down so much.

I've already alerted my contact to the fact that there may be a
server/php configuration issue. Maybe that alone will get someone
digging deeper.

One thing I've done to try and encourage them to re-enable web access is
to make the forum read-only. We use HansB's Simple Forum add-on and it
gets very heavy use. Disabling the ability to start threads or respond
to them should at least drop the number of edits to a fraction of the
normal activity.

I'm waiting to hear back from my technical contact now.

Thanks, Patrick.

Rob