[pmwiki-users] Abc notation

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Mon Apr 3 10:37:21 CDT 2006

Monday, April 3, 2006, 3:30:33 PM, Patrick wrote:
> Probably, but I'm not sure how the markup should look or
> how the output should be made available.  Maybe some
> additional icons before or after the score to link
> to the midi and PostScript versions?

I would prefer text-links, buttons or image buttons (icons) underneath the
score gif image.
Ideally they should be optional configurable/shown/not shown.
And they should include a link to the abc source as well (source abc
notation should not be shown alongside the score gif, or be optional).
Also I would prefer the midi play option to be embedded, so a user can
click on a link and hear the melody, but still stay on the same page,
viewing the score. This is the best scenario for learning music.

Maybe I am asking for too many features, but music is a great love of
mine, and a marriage of pmwiki and abc notation is really exciting!
If you would just provide a basic script I may well be happy to work
with it to get embedded midi playback, toggled show of abc source or
whatever...

Best,
 Hans