[pmwiki-users] RFC: Eliminating <p class='vspace'></p>

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Apr 1 16:41:13 CST 2006

On Sat, Apr 01, 2006 at 12:37:19PM +0200, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Apr 2006, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> > 4.  This proposal does not necessarily invalidate the earlier
> >     proposal for an explicit paragraph markup -- my comments regarding
> >     the potential usefulness of starting a new paragraph without
> >     requiring a blank space still apply.
>
> When you say 'requiring a blank space', do you mean requiring a blank
> space in the wiki source, or requiring a blank space in the output?
>
> If it's the former, could you give an example?

At the moment, the only way to generate consecutive paragraphs
in PmWiki is to put whitespace between them in the markup source.

One purpose of having an explicit paragraph markup is to allow
an author to say "start a new paragraph" without having to
add a blank line in the markup source.

Another, less obvious purpose of having an explicit paragraph markup
would be to allow list items to contain paragraphs.