[pmwiki-users] RFC: Core candidate offerings . . .

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 04:19:52 CST 2006

On Sat, 1 Apr 2006, Allister Jenks wrote:

> On 4/1/06, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com <christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > To me the whitespace also signifies a new pararaph, but I tend to think
> > along lines of what-you-see-is-what-you-mean rather than WYSIWYGI. As for
> > the appeearance of the output, that's something I'd like to control
> > separately from the content. So how about introducing directives that
> > enables/disables paragraph separation? (E.g. (:noparskip:) and
> > (:parskip:)).  When paragraph separation is enabled, you get a vertical
> > space between the paragraphs. When it's disabled, you don't.
> >

> I like the phrase 'What you see is what you mean'.  Very apt in Wiki-land.

I learned it when I started using something called LyX back in -97. It's
likely that LyX coined WYSIWYM - at least according to Wikipedia.

	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WYSIWYM
	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LyX

/Christian

PS. I can really recommend LyX for writing documents (at least articles
and books). Yesterday I had to use MS Word and just hated it :-(