[pmwiki-users] External Authentication - All Recent Changes?

Gary Spivey gspivey at georgefox.edu
Sat Apr 1 01:21:14 CST 2006

Whew! I finally got this external authentication thing finished. It
works rather well now - based on $_SESSION variables, I can authenticate
users and user groups for individual pages, or whole wikigroups for
read/edit/attr/upload control. Rather satisfying.

Once I started to figure out parts of the infrastructure, things were
simple enough. Patrick, congratulations on a easily extensible design.

My ?final? question has to do with the All Recent Changes option in the
template.

I have the auth set up so that folks don't find pages that they aren't
authorized for - they don't show up in the search, they can edit/browse/
whatever. However, the All Recent Changes seems to have the page names
for all to see. I want certain folks to be able to see the all recent
changes, but not others.

I was able to edit the Site.PageActions to make the tabs
appear/disappear appropriately using a conditional inclusion based on
authentication levels. However, I am a bit more confused about the "All
Recent Changes" as it appears to be getting dynamically created and
exists in a template rather than a wiki page. I have it currently set up
that clicking the "All Recent Changes" link won't let the
unauthenticated proceed (which is a bit ugly, I have done all I can to
keep disallowed links from being available ).

So - any thoughts about how I can keep the All Recent Changes from
exposing page names to the world?

Can I put some conditional inclusion markup inside the Site file?

-Gary