[pmwiki-users] Re: search and replace

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Thu Sep 29 01:31:28 CDT 2005

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 08:41:18PM +0200, Stephan Schildberg wrote:
> > How can I aply "search-and-replace" to a string, which exists far too
> > often in one wiki of mine?

> There's not yet a more general solution that I'm aware of, short
> of manipulating the wiki.d/ files directly.

Just to mention it. I did actually run across another wiki that supported
applying search-and-replace over many pages. It's not a bad idea actually.

They also allowed you to use regular expressions together with this if you
wanted to, which might be a tad too much.... If so, I think you'd at least
need to force the user to preview some of the changes before they are
applied. Otherwise it'd be much to easy to accidentally erase *all* pages.

/Christian