[pmwiki-users] Remembering a login

Graham Poole ve4grm at rac.ca
Tue Sep 27 15:57:57 CDT 2005

Hi all.  I've just set up PmWiki and am working on user authentication.  I
installed UserAuth and am very happy with the way it works, but I do have a
couple questions.

1) Has anyone successfully developed a way to have UserAuth set a cookie that
would log you in automatically?  What I want is to be able to log in, set the
cookie, and then have the cookie removed on logout, but not on session end.
Then when the user returns, they will not have to log in again, unless they
logged out.  I am not experienced with PHP, but I do have programming knowledge.
 I played around with setcookie, but never got it working right.  It either set
the cookie, but couldn't delete it on logout, or refused to set the cookie.  Any
help would be appreciated

2) Is there any way to allow new users to set up accounts instead of doing it
manually?  I may or may not implement this, as I have a fairly small user base
anyways, but I was wondering.

Thanks,
GrahamPoole