[pmwiki-users] Sourceforge project for cookbook recipes?

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Mon Sep 26 16:06:03 CDT 2005

Patrick R. Michaud schrieb:
> For the many folks who are asking for version control of recipes,
> I'm curious to know what the primary use case is going to be?
> Is it mostly to try to let people know when new recipes are available,

Yes.

> to provide an easy way to revert to a previous version of a recipe,

Yes - and that's even more important.

I once accidentally overwrote a recipe with a buggy version, and had the
old version neither locally nor could I retrieve it from PmWiki. It took
me a bit until I had cleaned that mess up.

> or ...?

No ;-)

Actually, I think simple versioning in the uploads/ directory would be
just fine. I.e. no branching, no merging, just a way to compare and
retrieve previous versions. (Branches and merges are just too powerful
and complex for mini-projects like PmWiki recipes.)

Regards,
Jo